Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gone

Living with the unknown
not knowing
a stranger
beside you sleeps
one
two
three
four
five
six

Living with the unknown
not knowing
a stranger walks beside you
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
years
Then the Crashing Gate
end of the road
no entry

the brick wall
in the mind
of confused
height
unmeasurable
pain
in the unknown
of unknown
in the trust
in the vulnerable
life
thats just been realized
thats just been burglarized
of all your secrets
confessions
of confidences
shared and believed
the plans
the good
the bad
the ugly
the treasures of the mind
Gone
Vanished
Taken
Stolen
there is no word
that fits this puzzle
Just
one day you wake
wishing you had never
slept
to the
wake

like a shell you find upon the beach
empty
beside you a space where once
he slept one two three four five
where once he stepped
six seven eight long years
without a trace
no goodbye
like an empty shell
of left behinds
shadows
whispers
a face
just
someone
something similar
the turn of the head
always there
like flickers of light
catching the corners
as the shadow
leaves the body
vanishing
like an empty shell of space
without a trace

He never existed
I was told by the wind
the sea
the tides
the sun
the moon
the law in blue
where I stand in disbelief
Panic sets
in black and blue of
SCREAMINGs
     Perhaps your hurt
                                lay waiting
                                                to be found
I wait
and I wait
             and wait
I look where no one else would look or think
but No  they said
the name you knew
has never been
does not exist

Are you sure you lived
with this man you claim
has vanished one morn
who's name you give
does not exist
I wait
I wait
I wait
A Vacant Sign
Now exists
in my mind
in my eyes
my soul
board and nailed
shattered
from when you
left
an
empty
shell
of
you
behind

now just space

I still shake the shell
peek inside
Nothing

Like me
empty

perhaps
you were a figment of my imagination
for six eight .. ...
perhaps
you just never existed
for me


3 comments:

  1. We are the sum total of all our experiences. Some good, some devastatingly bad. The difficulty is accepting the good without being consumed by the bad, especially if the latter is not of our known doing. I feel you Beez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt your words here Beez. Glad you shared this ...Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome poem beez.....keep going...i love them all!!

    ReplyDelete